Some of the things that make “Glenview” Megalong Valley so special, like its proximity to wilderness or secluded location, also mean it may not meet every person’s specific needs. Please read our Terms & Conditions, House Rules and the NSW Code of Conduct carefully to make sure “Glenview” is right for you. By booking a stay at “Glenview”, you are agreeing to conditions in each of these.
“Glenview” is in Megalong Valley, 15-20 minutes from Blackheath. The drive includes 2kms of unsealed road. The house is accessible by most vehicles, though cars with low clearance should take care. Roads in Megalong may be subject to flooding, snow and ice during severe weather.
“Glenview” consists of 168 acres, with the land varying from open fields to thick bush and rugged terrain. There are un-fenced waterholes, creeks and steep, rocky ravines. Native birds, mammals, marsupials, arachnids, reptiles and insects, are common. Fenced paddocks may contain livestock.
Guests should wear appropriate clothing and footwear and be mindful of safety at all times. Children should always be supervised. Whether open or closed, all gates should be left as they are found. Wildlife and livestock should be observed, but not approached or disturbed.
The house is entered from the car park, there are no stairs to enter. The living area consists of a lounge, dining and kitchen. A master bedroom at one end of the house includes a walk-in-robe and ensuite (shower only). At the opposite end of the house is the second bathroom, laundry and two more bedrooms, one with a queen and clothes rack, the other with two king singles and a built-in-robe. All rooms have views and access to the deck, which wraps around all sides of the house
Being located in bushfire-prone land, outdoor fires are strictly prohibited.
* Guests have private and exclusive access to the house and the six-acre paddock surrounding it, but are welcome to explore the rest of the property. A caretaker maintains the property, the cabins and livestock.
1. Advertised prices are based on full payment up front. Click here for more on inclusions and options.
2. For payment by installments (higher rates apply), at least 50% is due up front with the full balance due 28 days prior to arrival. Balances which become overdue may result in cancellation. Bookings within 28 days of arrival must be paid in full.
ID & Deposit
3. Proof of ID^, vehicle registration and a security deposit of $250 are required for all bookings. Higher deposits may apply at our discretion.
4. Costs related to any of the following may be deducted from the security deposit:
a) Any damage to the home or damage/loss of its contents caused by you, your guests or pets
b) Excess cleaning fees if the house is not left neat and tidy or if the BBQ is not cleaned after use
c) Excess internet usage above an average of 1Gb/day @ $10.00/Gb
d) Time billed by maintenance staff if their entry is delayed due to failure to check-out on time
e) Locksmith fees if locks keys are not returned to the key safe
f) Any other reasonable out-of-pocket costs resulting from misuse of the property or its contents, or any breach of these Terms or House Rules.
5. If costs for any of the above exceed the amount of the security deposit:
a) We will provide written notice giving seven days to pay the outstanding amount
b) Failure/refusal to pay may result in legal action to recover costs, including our legal fees
6. Any intentional, careless, reckless or negligent act of disturbance, damage, loss/theft will be reported to the police, and criminal and/or civil prosecution may be pursued.
7. We will supply a written summary, and supporting evidence where necessary, of all additional costs or breaches of terms
^ Acceptable Photo ID is a current (non-expired) Driver’s License, Passport or other government-issued ID. We will not use or share your personal information for any purpose other than for ID verification. Copies, including electronic copies, will be destroyed upon satisfactory inspection of the property following check-out.
8. We may inspect the house without notice, if there is an emergency, an urgent maintenance issue, or if we have reason to believe a breach of Terms or House Rules has occurred.
9. We may access the property to perform outdoor work, such as grounds maintenance, care for livestock, stocking of firewood etc.
10. We may send an agent or representative on our behalf, or trade professional if repairs or maintenance are required.
11. You and we agree not to make any negative public review without first notifying the other of any issue or concern and providing seven days to rectify.
12. Cancel more than 30 days before check-in for a 50% refund. Cancel 14-30 days before check-in for a 25% refund. No refunds for bookings cancelled within 14 days of check-in.
13. Requests to reschedule are accepted at our discretion; such requests are subject to availability, and may attract additional fees.
14. If the house becomes unsafe for habitation because of damage from flood, fire, storm, accident or vandalism, or because a local evacuation order is in place at the time of your booking, we will reschedule the booking without penalty, or offer a refund.
15. Any breach of these Terms or House Rules by your or your guests will result in the immediate cancellation forfeiture of all payments.
If you cancel, we will immediately re-list the original dates. If we re-book those dates, we will credit cancellation fees to a future booking. If we re-book some, but not all, of the of the original dates, the credit will be pro-rated.
16. The owners, their agents or representatives cannot be held responsible, nor legally liable, for any loss, injury or death, whether accidental or otherwise, that occurs as a result of:
a) Any risk-involving activity you or your guests undertake, including but not limited to swimming in dams or creeks, hiking/bush walking, interacting with wildlife or livestock etc.
b) You or your guests not exercising proper care or judgment, or taking reasonable precautions, to ensure personal safety and the safety of your property
c) You or your guests not following the instructions of management or any other authorities
d) Any act of vandalism or violence perpetrated by you, any of your guests or any third party
e) Any unforeseeable event or any ‘act of god or war’
f) Any breach of these terms or House Rules by you or your guests
17. You should consult a licensed insurer if you have any expectation of being insured for travel changes/cancellations, medical or other personal emergencies, or any loss, injury or death resulting from an incident, accident, emergency or unforeseeable event beyond your own control or ours.
18. We make every effort to ensure information on websites, in brochures and other materials is current and accurate, however we cannot and do not guarantee it.
19. We cannot be bound by any offer or term, other than other what we offer or represent to you in writing.
Acceptance and changes
20. You are deemed to have accepted these Terms and House Rules on behalf of yourself and your guests once you make payment to us. From then, our Terms and House Rules may be modified by the Home Owner at any time. Guests will be notified of any major changes (i.e.. ones which impose adverse or less favourable terms) at least 14 days before the change takes effect.